Some Homilies from Father Thomas A Kempis, the venerable author of the Imitation of Christ, on both the Passion of Christ and on Palm Sunday and the triumphal procession of Jesus our Lord into Jerusalem. The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis is the largest read devotional book in the world next to the bible, and no book has been translated into more languages than the Imitation of Christ.
In these homilies you will learn a holy and unique perspective that seems to have been forgotten today such as:
- That the Passion of Christ provides more comfort than all the pleasures of the world.
- How we should honor the Passion with the Canonical Hours (the Divine Office).
- How those who make disturbances in Church afflict Christ and the such like.
- The mystical and moral sense of the triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
- Who each one of the people represent who came and greeted Christs, who were the branch cutters, those who laid the olive branches and palms at his feet, those who walked in front of him and the such like.
Sources: This audiobook is a recording of Homilies from The Works of Thomas A Kempis Vol IV translated by Dom Vincent Scully and is in the Public domain.
To download this free audio book from Alleluia Audiobooks, click on the links below: